At SoleLution, we have spent the last couple of weeks adapting to this new way of life. Solelution.co.uk is open and taking orders, which we are hand delivering, contactlessly of course, for our local customers in Portishead and Clifton, and using a courier for all other deliveries.
However, we appreciate that for children in particular, we also need to continue to provide our specialist advice to ensure the shoes you are purchasing are fitting as best they can. We have therefore adapted our fitting service so it is now virtual – thank goodness for video calling, digital photographs and emails! I hope you can appreciate that this is a whole new way of working for us fitting childrens shoes, but I assure you that SoleLution will do our best.
As in store, we are happy to have a conversation with you, over a video call, with no pressure, so we can check the fit on your child’s current shoes. As always, there is no obligation to buy and we will only advise on a new pair of shoes if they have grown out of their current ones or you are looking to purchase a new pair.
So here is the process for SoleLution’s virtual fitting service:
1. Firstly make contact with us
You can do this by:
- • giving us a call on 01275 843399
- • sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- • direct messaging us on facebook @Solelution
This will enable us to have an initial conversation with you and decide if we need you to complete our Virtual Fitting Questionnaire or if you just require us to check the current fitting. The questionnaire gives us a little bit more information about what you are looking for, and also guidance on how to measure the dimensions of the child’s feet, which will help us to decide on the best size.
2. Complete our questionnaire and email along with pictures to email@example.com
As part of this questionnaire we ask you to draw around both your child’s feet to give us an indication of their size. This is mimicking us using the gauge. Here are some tips to give us the most accurate measurements:
- • draw around your child's feet whilst they are wearing socks – socks can make a difference of about half a size!
- • make sure they are standing with feet about hip width apart and their weight evenly spread.
- • apply a little pressure to the top of their foot to ensure that their toes are completely flat.
- • make sure that you hold the pen upright as you draw around the heel so that you get an accurate measure of the length of the foot.
- • ensure the measurement you take is from the heel to the longest toe – the biggest toe is not always the longest!
- • It is important to measure both feet as most of us have one foot larger than the other, and we will always fit to the biggest foot.
- • If you have a tape measure to hand please also measure the circumference around the widest part of their foot - this is from the big toe joint to the little toe joint as this will help us identify the width. Again this should be done with socks on but I have asked my daughter to take her socks off in this image so that you can see where the tape measure should be placed.
3. Selection of shoes and ordering
Once we have received this information, along with anything you have told us during other communications, we will select some shoes that we think are suitable. We will then send you the links to them on our website along with the size we believe you will require. You can then order from our website www.solelution.co.uk.
4. Delivery of shoes and virtual fitting
Once we have delivered your shoes, we can then arrange a video call with you to talk you through the fitting process and check the shoes are ok as best we can. If we have delivered the shoes by hand, then we can of course go through this process with you on the doorstep. We can always bring along other sizes, in the styles you have selected, with us to save any return trips.
Finally, I just want to reassure you that despite SoleLution’s shop doors being closed, SoleLution are still very much here to help you find the right shoe for your and your children’s soles.