We are on our feet most of the day and therefore it is important that we take care of them and give them a little bit of pampering – at SoleLution we like to see it as a thank you to them for all their hardwork!
1. Rest and relax – make sure you take time each day to rest and relax your feet. Lie back, relax and elevate your feet for a few minutes to take the weight off!
2. Clip your toe nails straight across and not too short to avoid ingrown toenails.
3. We have 250,000 sweat glands in our feet and they create on average ½ pint of perspiration per day. So keep your feet clean and dry to help prevent fungal infections.
- Wash your feet daily
- Make sure that you dry them thoroughly including between your toes.
- Change your socks for clean ones
- Air out your shoes
4. File and moisturise!
- Gently remove any hard skin and calluses with a pumice stone or foot file BUT be careful and don’t overdo the filing to avoid damaging the fresh skin underneath
- Apply moisturising cream all over your feet, with the exception of between your toe, giving your feet a gentle massage.
5. Treat your feet once or twice a week (no more as this can dry your feet out) to an Epsom salt bath.
- Fill a foot spa or bowl with enough warm water to cover your feet up to your ankles.
- Add ½ cup of Epsom Salts to the water
- Place your feet into the bowl and soak for 20-30 minutes (ahh!)
- Dry your feet thoroughly after their soak and apply moisturising cream.