We hope you are enjoying the school holidays. At SoleLution we appreciate that shopping for correctly fitting school shoes can be a laborious task, but it is essential, so here are some tips to help make your shopping for school shoes experience a little less painful:
1. Book an appointment or be prepared to wait! August and September are some of the busiest months for those selling children’s shoes but first thing in the morning and late afternoon tend to be a bit quieter. We pride ourselves on giving each customer the best service we can, and that includes those in front of you. Last year we introduced an appointment system, which was so loved by customers as it made the "whole experience quicker and so much more stress free" and so are continuing with it this year. Book your appointment at https://www.picktime.com/solelution. We will also be accepting those that wish to walk in but ask that you wait patiently outside the shop to ensure we maintain social distancing instore.
2. Come prepared and remember to bring socks with you We do sell school socks instore but we are unable to fit school shoes without socks.
3. No challenge is too great! We stock a wide range of school shoe brands, including Start-rite, Angry Angels, Ricosta, Geox and Sole Buddy by Term, from a junior size 7 to an adult 8 for girls and an 11 for boys in most width fittings. We can order specials from some of our suppliers, if we can’t find a fit from stock but don’t leave it too close to the schools start date to get your shoes, as delivery times are a little longer this year.
4. Make sure you know which shoes are acceptable to your child’s school.
5. Try the shoes on at home! Ask your child to wear new shoes around the house to make sure they are comfy, but remember don't wear them outside, keep the box and receipt. If you have any concerns, pop back to the shop for have another check.
Once everyone is happy with the shoes, put on some polish and wear them in. Remember children’s feet may have been in trainers or sandals for the summer holidays and they won’t like being back in school shoes straight away.
SoleLution likes to give something back and will donate £1 to the Educate the Kids charity, for every pair or school shoes purchased. This charity is very close to our hearts. Unfortunately we've been unable to take your worn but wearable shoe donations out to Kenya this year (fingers crossed for next January) and so are making a donation towards purchasing some much needed school desks.
Despite a lift in restrictions, we want to do the best we can to keep both our staff and customers sage. As such we will continue to encourage the wearing of face masks, use of the santiser provided and ask for social distancing to be maintained.
We are an inclusive, dementia and autism friendly, family run business. As always please don't hesitate to contact us by phone, email or call in to the shop for free advice and all your footwear requirements.